Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit an Electronic Engineer for their site.
As a member of the Hardware Engineering Research & Development team based in Limerick, you will be responsible for the design and support of sophisticated medical capital instrumentation. This equipment includes technology from every major area of science and engineering. The Hardware Engineering Research & Development team is responsible for high-speed cell sorters that utilize extremely low-noise analog circuits, high-speed data acquisition and digital signal processing with FPGAs and high bandwidth communication protocols. Members of this team will work very closely with their counterparts, sharing knowledge and providing regular updates.
We are looking for Electronic Engineer with a good understanding of both analog and digital design and experience designing data acquisition systems with FPGAs for high speed data acquisition and digital signal processing. In this position, you will be providing high quality and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenging problems and contributing to the completion of specific design projects.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in the new product development efforts from concepts to implementation.
- Drive circuit and hardware design phases including architecture and design, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up and integration of complex printed circuit board assemblies into life sciences based instrumentation.
- Collaborate on complex designs involving Systems-on-Chip (SoC), FPGAs and high speed data acquisition protocols.
- Experience developing firmware in an embedded linux environment would be a plus.
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams including software, mechanical design and system engineering.
- Bachelor degree (Masters desirable) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 3 years (5+ desirable) of experience as an Electrical Engineer designing both analog and digital circuitry on complex printed circuit board assemblies.
- Strong digital and analog circuit design background that includes: microprocessors, analog circuitry for low noise high-speed data acquisition systems, FPGAs, system and board level simulation, and experience with building blocks for modular systems.
- Strong design skills and tools for schematic capture and board layout and simulation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and comfortable working in a matrix team environment.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
For further information on Electronic Engineer role in Limerick please contact Dee Curley on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval