Electronic Engineer job in Limerick
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit an Electronic Engineer for their site.
About your role
As part of a cross functional project team the Electronic Engineer will be responsible for the design, enhancement and maintenance of our products. You will work closely with fellow engineers and support our products and product assemblies from production release throughout production life and service. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
- Support products and product assemblies from production release throughout production life and service.
- Utilise excellent troubleshooting skills with hands on approach to identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Complete product design enhancement projects; improve reliability and upgrade current designs leading to increased value and customer satisfaction.
- Provide hands on engineering support to production process including design, build and/or testing of fixtures and prototypes.
- Assist technical service teams with field application issues as necessary.
- Directly apply knowledge in electronics and electro-optics to execute overall project assignments.
- Hold design reviews for modules and subsystems. Participate in design reviews of other team members.
- Learn and practice the company Global Product Development System phase gate design process. Conduct project work in compliance with company internal processes, ISO 9001, and FDA cGMP standards for the design of Medical Devices.
- Interact closely with software, systems, mechanical and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
- Interact with Manufacturing, Medical, Regulatory, Quality and Field Service throughout product life cycle providing technical assessments and communications to business leadership.
Whilst it is not essential that you have experience within the Medical Devices industry, this, or exposure to instrumentation or automation tools would be highly desirable. You should have a clear understanding of design control preferably within a highly regulated or process oriented environment.
You must have proven experience in electrical hardware design with "off the shelf" embedded computer systems, single board computers, and their associated hardware peripherals such as LCDs, touchscreens, and storage devices.
A degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent with experience in PCB layout, construction and test techniques is essential. You should be familiar with embedded programming in Assembler, C and VHDL languages and have practical knowledge of digital logic circuit design using micro-controllers, DSPs, CPLDs, FPGAs.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Jenny Mullery on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval