Telephone: 086 1070950
Electronic/Electrical R&D Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick is currently looking to recruit an Electronic/Electrical R&D Engineer for their site.
Key responsibilities for this role include
- Design electronic assemblies and printed circuit board assemblies to support electro-mechanical medical device product development and life cycle.
- Work with cross functional teams such as mechanical, software, systems and quality engineering to contribute to project schedules and project budgets in the coordination of overall product development.
- Evaluate and implements designs to insure that all agency requirements (UL, IEC, FDA) are being met
- Design and tests for EMI compliance, safety, manufacturability.
- Apply failure analysis skills to determine and document root cause of product system or component failure.
- Generate design specifications, test protocols and test reports.
- Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 18mths experience of electrical engineering design experience, preferably in PCB design.
- You will have a Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Masters of Science degree preferred).
- You will have previous experience of working with Systems integration especially in electromechanical systems is a plus.
- You will have previous experience in the design of microcontroller based instrumentation and front-end analog sensor electronics, motor controllers, switching power supplies, battery charging circuits, keypads, displays as well as A/D and digital electronics.
- Experience of utilisizing laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, waveform generators, microscopes, environmental chambers, etc.
- The Ideal candidate will have familiarity with circuit design, PCB design, electro-mechanical design, EMI/EMC compliance, safety compliance, failure investigation/troubleshooting.
- This role is working in a team of 12 and involves working in many cross functional departments so the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication & presentation skills.
- This person must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team but must also have the ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- This role is to specifically support to snr electronic engineers. Knowledge of IEC 60601 3rd Edition Compliance DFSS knowledge is a plus experience.
For further information on this Electronic/Electrical R&D Engineer role in Limerick please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.