Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Electronic Technician for their site.
Perform a wide range of assembly, test and troubleshooting tasks on complex electronic assemblies and final products (servers, storage appliances, etc).
- Capable of performing failure mode confirmation on defective products.
- Capable of disassembling, replacing components, repairing configuration and re-assembling products in accordance with process documentation and manufacturing procedures.
- Test and troubleshoot server appliances to the sub-assembly level.
- Identify root cause of problems, provide written summaries of findings.
- Lift servers in and out of testing racks consistently.
- Determine work schedule to meet product delivery requirements.
- Diagnose WIP failures; communicate effectively with our supplier support to obtain replacement components.
- Complete repairs and follow standard manufacturing documentation once repaired.
- Must be familiar with Operating Systems (Windows, Linux), Firmware maintenance, BIOS configuration etc.
- Track analysis on various internal systems & spreadsheets [Excel].
- Assure products are at the latest revision and are configured to the process sheet requirement.
- Work with manufacturing engineering, providing improvement feedback and assist with resolution of issues in the manufacturing process.
- Follow good E.S.D. practices and maintain a clean and organized work area.
- All other duties as requested by your Manager.
- Certificate or Diploma in Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience working in an Electronic Technician role.
- Ability to define technical problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid technical conclusions.
- Be familiar with operating systems and firmware used in products to help diagnose problems.
- General knowledge of manufacturing systems.
- Strong in system knowledge of Windows, Linux etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and general computer skills required.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to use electronic office tools.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval