Our client, an engineering company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Electronic Technician for their site in Galway.
Perform a wide range of assembly, test and troubleshooting tasks on complex electronic assemblies and final products (servers, storage appliances, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to perform failure mode confirmation of defective products.
- Be able to disassemble, replace components, repair configuration and re-assemble products in accordance with process documentation and manufacturing procedures.
- Test and troubleshoot server appliances to the sub-assembly level.
- Identify root cause of problems, provide written summaries of findings.
- Lift servers in and out of testing racks consistently.
- Diagnose WIP failures; communicate effectively with our supplier support to obtain replacement components.
- Complete repairs and follow standard manufacturing documentation once repaired.
- Must be familiar with Operating Systems (Windows, Linux). Firmware maintenance, BIOS configuration etc.
- Track analysis on various internal systems & spreadsheets [Excel].
- Assure products are at the latest revision and that they were configured to the process sheet requirement.
- Work with manufacturing engineering, providing improvement feedback and assist with resolution of issues in the manufacturing process.
- Follow good E.S.D. practices and maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Learn about business as appropriate.
- All other duties as requested by your Manager.
- Be familiar with operating systems and firmware used in products to help diagnose problems.
- General understanding of manufacturing systems.
- Strong system knowledge of Windows, Linux etc.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Proficient with MS Excel.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Certificate or Diploma in Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years? experience in an Electronic Technician role.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence.
For further information on this Electronic Technician role in Galway please contact Tracy Lenihan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie