REPORTS TO: Production Manager
DATE: April 2019
Perform a wide range of testing and troubleshooting tasks on complex electronic assemblies and final products (Servers, Appliances etc.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lift servers in and out of testing racks.
- Test and troubleshoot server appliances to the sub-assembly level
- Identify root cause of problems
- Familiar with Operating Systems (Windows, Linux) and Firmware (Bios, etc) used in UEI products to help diagnose problems
- Experienced with internal systems (NEIBuilder, Factory Talk)
- Analyze R.M.A. systems to determine fault mechanism – Hardware or Software
- Assure products are at the latest revisions and were configured to sales order requirements.
- Enter configuration and quality data in the system to provide quality data that will drive product improvements
- Follow good E.S.D. practices and maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Learn about Company’s business as appropriate. Shows up to work on time and attends work as scheduled.
- All other duties as requested by supervisor or department head.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If an employee does not meet the required competency level in any area, a required development training plan will be implemented.
(Education and/or years of experience; technical and/or analytical; software or applications; department and/or position specific; internal or external certifications required)
- High School Diploma or equivalency required plus.
- 2 years of college or technical training.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Requires in depth knowledge about the company products and services.
- Good understanding of PC hardware and software
- Ability to follow all applicable Business Management System (BMS) processes.
(Management experience required)
(Other core requirements including communication, presentation, language, math, and reasoning skills)
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of basic addition, subtraction, division and multiplication of numbers is required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Know and follow established company core values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; to sit, stand, walk; and to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus and regular lifting of servers into test racks.
- Lifting Requirement: 50 pounds
- Lifting Limitations: 50 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is above normal.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For further information on this Electronic Technician II role in Galway please contact Tommy Mckeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.