Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Software Embedded Engineer for their site.
Be the Difference in Software Engineering
Our client is looking for a senior level software developer who has a passion for delivering great software products that meet customer needs. The right candidate will be a self-motivated, positive person who can work independently as well as being a team player, has excellent debugging/problem solving skills, has built innovative forward-looking solutions and appreciates delivering a quality product.
The candidate will be responsible for writing and documenting board level C/C++ code. The candidate must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction while collaborating with a global team to achieve agreed upon scheduled deliverable work. The candidate will participate in a full software development life cycle and adherence to a quality management system.
Be the Embedded Software Engineer
- Minimum 5 years' (preferably 10 years) relevant experience in software or firmware development, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Demonstrated success in developing products or applications. Experienced in developing software or firmware for optoelectronic and electromechanical devices for consumer, industrial, or medical applications.
- Solid C/C++ skills and software design, preferably for multi-threading and multi-processor application.
- Solid Object Oriented design skills, especially the State Machine.
- Development experience with Embedded Linux for SoC is required.
- Familiar with the microprocessors such as ARM Application and Cortex architecture.
- Experience with memory management, interrupt controller and bootloader strongly desired.
- Experience with common hardware interfaces such as SPI, I2C and UART.
- Experience programming Xilinx FPGA/SoC (Zynq-7000) and experience with Xilinx Vivado is strongly desired.
- Experience developing in Linux environment.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting firmware/hardware interfaces using logic analysers, oscilloscopes, and debuggers is required.
- Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft) is a plus.
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to work with little supervision while handling multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering. For example: Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Science or Mathematics.
For further information on this Software Embedded Engineer role in Limerick please contact Karl on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval