Telephone: 086 1070950
Embedded Software Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer for their site.
- This job involves integration of the company's imaging technology into automotive embedded platforms, analysing problems and fixing bugs, finding bottlenecks and ways to improve performance, writing test and demo applications.
- The candidate will respond to customers' requests, provide support and assistance or sometimes travel to support the customer on site if necessary.
- The candidate will interact with the QA team, to ensure a good SW quality.
- The candidate will collaborate with the R&D teams, providing feedback on releases, passing on customer requests, assisting with platform-related testing.
- Participate in SW Engineering phases during product development.
- Learn the characteristics of our existing imaging solution
- Port and integrate our solutions in automotive embedded systems.
- Prepare the existing code for automotive compliance.
- Test and optimize the code for performance.
- Debugging, assisting in fixing bugs and finding bottlenecks in existing solutions.
- Communicate with customers on technical issues.
- Participate in the designing of new solutions.
- 5+ of total working experience in software industry, out of which 3+ years of experience with automotive embedded software.
- Experience with safety-critical software and standards such as Automotive SPICE, ISO 26262, Misra-C.
- Strong knowledge of C.
- Ability to work with C++.
- Experience with real time and multitasking programming.
- Experience with embedded tools and SDKs.
- Knowledge of system architecture (different types of memory, cores, caches, buses).
- Experience in developing portable code.
- Ability to understand source code written by others.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Open to learn new technologies in software and image processing domain.
- Fluent English.
- Availability for business (technical) trips.
- Experience with one or more automotive embedded systems is primarily an advantage
- Experience with image processing, including algorithm development and optimization.
- Experience with GPU/parallel (OpenGL, OpenCL…) and vectorial/SIMD (NEON, SSE…) programming.
- Knowledge of ARM architecture and tools (RVCT, DS5).
- Experience with either: Win32, Linux, Android, iOS, MacOS programming.
- Experience with embedded Operating Systems.
For further information on this Embedded Software Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval