Our client, a leading company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer
for their site.
We are now recruiting for a skilled Embedded Software Engineer. The ideal candidate is expected to assume a technical leadership role in design, architecture and development of embedded software for neural networks based applications running on our unique hardware platform that delivers datacentre-quality inference performance at ultra-low power.
She/he will have a proven record of designing, optimizing, and deploying neural networks-based embedded software applications across a wide range of use cases. In addition, the candidate is expected to demonstrate a structured and detail-oriented approach to their work and follow rigorous engineering approaches. The candidate will be self-motivated and focused, comfortable collaborating with geographically dispersed teams, passionate a team player, and eager to make a difference as a member of a motivated team of machine learning researchers and practitioners.
The successful candidate will be part of the highly skilled team responsible for developing and deploying state-of-the-art machine learning and neural networks algorithms for efficient inference on “edge” devices reporting to the VP of Engineering, Machine Learning
- Design, architect and develop efficient embedded SW applications running on the hardware platform that pushes the limits of neural networks performance at ultra-low power
- Drive embedded software development from initial concept to implementation, platform optimization and performance validation. Establish performance evaluation methodology, generate technical documentation and test procedures.
- Work closely with Machine Learning and Hardware Design teams to identify optimal SW architecture and implementation solutions
- Contribute jointly with other teams in the development of machine learning related tools and frameworks for data management, visualization, implementation and performance evaluation
- 3+ years experience as Software engineers with proven track record
- Proficiency with C / C++, strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with real-time and multi-tasking programming, experience with embedded tools and SDKs
- Knowledge of system architecture and key components: memory architectures, computing and I/O cores, buses and intercommunication etc.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent written and spoken communication skills, and a strong drive to solve problems and disrupt the status quo
- Familiarity with version control systems, preferably Git and development methodologies such as Agile/Kanban
- Understanding of latest machine learning developments, familiarity with state-of –the art neural network architectures, training and optimization methods
- Demonstrated interest for Audio and Imaging – Algorithms and Optimization: acquisition, processing, analytics and display, IoT, AR/VR, Autonomous driving.
- Exposure to deep learning development tools such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe
- Knowledge of embedded Operating Systems
For further information on this Embedded Software Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.