Our client, a technology company in Antrim are currently looking to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer
for their site.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented embedded software engineer to enhance our dynamic software engineering team. The successful candidate will develop real time embedded software used in various products for advanced monitoring, control and automation of the low voltage distribution network. This role would be perfect for an ambitious engineer who relishes solving challenging problems and creating innovative, efficient and robust solutions that make a difference for our customers.
- Understand domain and product requirements in order to design, develop and test high quality C/C++ software running on embedded platform with RTOS
- Provide associated unit and functional tests within a continuous integration environment.
- Participate in agile process collaborating with Product Owner, team members and other local or international stakeholders
- Produce clear and concise design documentation
- Participate in manual end to end system integration testing
- Provide Support and maintenance for existing software
- Degree in Computer science / software engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years C/C++ development experience for embedded platforms
- Practical experience using real time operating systems.
- Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Development on 32 bit microcontroller (Atmel, Analog device blackfin), running an RTOS
- Experience developing low level device drivers on embedded hardware
- Experience using unit test frameworks e.g. TUT, Google Mock
- Experience using scripting languages, preferably python
- Familiarity with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, ZigBee and CAN
- Code maintenance for “product quality” projects (Static code analysers, Code refactoring)
- Familiarity with embedded hardware design
- Familiarity with digital signal processing algorithms and methods including FFT, digital filters, re-sampling
- Familiarity with control theory (PID controller etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration.
- A strong team player with determination and capability of meeting objectives under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing us and our clients
- Quality focused, conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
- Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
For further information on this Embedded Software Engineer role in Antrim please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval