Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an EMEA Contract Manager for their site. The role is within the Cardiometabolic EMEA division, and reports to the Commercial Operations Director Cardiometabolic EMEA
The EMEA Contract Manager (CM) will be responsible for developing the Contract Management function in EMEA along with contract and commercial terms governance models, and implementation of these models across EMEA within the Cardiometabolic Business Units. The CM will be responsible for accelerating the delivery of profitable performance metrics through these strategies and will instil institutional process discipline to ensure that guidance and policy are adhered to and applied in sales execution.
The CM will also appoint and lead a contract administration coordinator responsible for the administration, extension, and termination of standard and non-standard contracts. The CM will oversee proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfilment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. The CM will be responsible for preparing contract bid; processes specifications, progress and other reports; advise management of contractual rights and obligations; compile and analyse data; and maintain historical information.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support EMEA Regional Commercial Directors and business Vice-Presidents in developing strategies to accelerate the delivery of profitable performance metrics (i.e. growth, improved price performance, achieving gross profit target, etc.), in managing account performance via contract compliance, and in ensuring sales and performance goals are maintained and monitored.
- Work with business leaders to develop Business Unit wide contracts competencies and institutionalise best practices across EMEA; act as subject matter expert on best practices, issues and trends to inform matrix organisation on contract and commercial terms decision impact and risk assessment
- Provide leadership to commercial teams and product owners of new and existing products regarding contract and price executions and monitoring activity; provide direction regarding best practices in setting contract terms and conditions, and develop analytics for contract price monitoring and risk identification and mitigation, including corrective actions to improve margins and grow profits
- Lead team in optimizing the usage and impact of rebates and discounts in collaboration with commercial teams. Drive consistency in constructing and implementing rebate/discount agreements. Ensure staff is educating commercial teams on the standard rebate structures, obtaining rebate exception approvals, and collaborating with Finance and Legal on the creation of the rebate contract. Identify the root cause of rebate discrepancies and rive resolution to outstanding issues.
- Effectively communicate performance against contracted metrics with customers and distributors, leading to increased contract compliance and mutually agreed gap closure activities
- Oversee team’s performance of management of the administration of contracts, monitoring of contract performance, and tracking of contract compliance.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to Commercial leadership, Finance Leadership, and other relevant stakeholders while also mitigating the companies risk. Lead briefings and meetings with internal and external contacts, including regular exceptions councils with relevant leaders.
- Provide guidance on system/tool use for contract monitoring and compliance to ensure company benefits from enforcement of contractual terms. Successfully drive the implementation of contract managements systems as applicable.
- Work across functions and regions in EMEA to harmonise business contract & commercial terms practices and process metrics while respecting the unique requirement of each country.
- Train relevant functions on contract & related governance processes and policies.
- Develop, maintain & manage customer relationships with economic decision marker(s) that contributes to short- and long-term performance managements
- Assess account needs, analyse customer data and prepare plans to collaborate with commercial resources to optimise customer satisfaction and overall business goals.
- Lead efforts to attract, develop and retain individuals who can make critical contributions to organisational success. Provide leadership and coaching to employees through timely and candid performance evaluations. Support meaningful career development activities.
- Adjust staffing levels accordingly to ensure compliance with expected service levels and ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop innovative approach to contract and pricing governance, stay abreast of market/industry changes
- BA or BS. Degree required
- A minimum of 7 years of combined sales, sales/account management, sales operations, legal, customer service, marketing and/or finance experience required
- 3+ years of progressive leadership experience
For further information on this EMEA Contracts Manager role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.