EMEA Logistics & Trade Compliance Manager
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an EMEA Logistics & Trade Compliance Manager for their site.
- The Logistics & Trade Compliance Manager works closely with manufacturing and purchasing to create timely, cost-effective import/export supply chains. Supports the Director of Operations based in Galway and Global Logistics by way of managing company logistics strategy and goals. Responsible for handling the technical details of international and domestic transportation to include complex documentation, varying customs regulations, developing distribution strategies, and building relationships with logistics intermediaries.
- Supports Operations Senior Director and Global Logistics in developing and implementing appropriate strategies, goals, processes, and infrastructure to support company logistics requirements.
- Manages, documents, and executes a comprehensive logistics and distribution strategy for the company to drive optimal customer service and profitability including:
- Inbound / Outbound Freight
- Import / Export
- Logistics Depots and Distribution centers
- Other projects as needed
- Manages and optimizes a supply chain logistics network.
- Ensures all regulatory and compliance measures are met for import / export activity.
- Supports implementation of logistics best practices.
- Supports plant shipping - provides training in logistics.
- Provides logistics expertise to Purchasing and Shipping.
- Provides subject matter expertise in support of customer engagements in conjunction with Senior Director of Operations.
- Manages logistics metrics and measures with goal of continuous improvement.
- Manages carrier relationships and negotiates rates in conjunction with Senior Director of Manufacturing Operations.
- Knowledge of international supply chain processes, customs regulations, sales and payment terms.
- Detail-oriented; negotiating skills; effective communication skills; able to handle multiple tasks; awareness and appreciation of being diplomatic.
- Demonstrates knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes & current best practices.
- Understands the management of and ensures logistics compliance.
- Brings proven history of using performance metrics in logistics performance.
- Experienced in successfully negotiating freight and logistics service agreements.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated achievements in driving projects and bringing goals to completion.
- Builds relationships internally & externally.
- Has Microsoft - Word, Excel, Powerpoint experience.
- Able to travel.
- Degree in business, specializing in international trade and compliance.
- Professional Qualification and Certification in Logistics.
- 3 to 5 years in a Logistics & Trade Compliance Management position.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in supply chain with experience in managing complex supply chain projects.
- Experience with all modes of domestics and international freight.
- Brings established network of / relationship with domestic / international logistics providers.
- Experience in High Tech. industry an advantage.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to logically define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations.
- Lifting Limitations: Per Manual Handling training.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval