EMEA Logistics Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an EMEA Logistics Manager for their site.
- This is a senior role with the opportunity to significantly impact the successful operation of the company's supply chain. Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for managing the Logistics Operations within the defined region, ensuring the timely and efficient execution of key logistics activities. The company is a company in transition to a global Logistics model, so this position is expected to be a key link to the site leadership teams, regional logistics organization(s), and the global category manager(s).
- The Regional Logistics Leader is responsible for managing, coaching and developing a team based culture for driving change and improvement initiatives. The job holder will establish, communicate, and implement short, medium to long terms plans to ensure key performance indicators are "Best in Class" while achieving all other performance metrics.
- As such, the job holder is expected to possess a thorough technical background in Logistics principles and demonstrate the ability to lead logistics teams through improvement activities.
- This role is part of the International Logistics leadership team, with goals to drive efficiencies, cost reduction and compliance across sites, regionally and globally. The role will have focus in the following areas:
- Establish the Regional Logistics Organisation, ensuring all roles & responsibilities are covered to deliver a best in class logistics service to customers, including team Training & Performance metrics to highest levels.
- Directly manage performance of staff, across multiple locations, towards functional and corporate goals, including feedback on performance, appraisals, recommendations for merit increases or necessary disciplinary actions, communication to employees on performance, etc.
- Maintain good relations and work effectively with internal and external customers by ensuring professional behaviour consistent with the company's policies and practices.
- Management of Logistics PNL for the region - creation of annual budget, ensuring all cost targets are achieved.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the company's regional warehousing footprint and freight movements which includes
- All inbound logistics from intercompany and third party suppliers into regional warehouse locations from suppliers.
- All outbound logistics from the warehouse and manufacturing locations to customers.
- Establish, monitor, record & report monthly KPIs and metrics to manage departmental performance. Including In-house logistics & 3PL partners.
- Ensure the uninterrupted flow of customer services, ensuring delivery of acceptable quality goods and services at the right time and at the maximum end-use value per dollar spent.
- Work with the Strategic Logistics Organisation to develop and deploy effective solutions for regional company logistics locations. This will include warehousing options such as technology enhancements, identifying service partners and implementing processes to manage business requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of company Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies. Responsible the writing, maintaining and ensuring compliance to quality documentation related to logistics activities is carried out.
- Establish, maintain, and implement procedures so as to comply with all regulatory requirements, including the proper training of personnel in accordance with local QMS requirements.
- Comply with applicable corporate policies & procedures and FDA/ISO regulations pertaining to the Logistics function.
- Drive Continuous Improvement to streamline processes and implement IT/SAP functionality that will increase efficiencies to improve our customer's experience.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Preferred educational background:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma concepts
- 5-10 years of experience in Logistics including 2-4 years in a supervisory role in a highly regulated/analytical environment.
- Specific experience with WMS & TMS platform a plus
- Strong logistics skills including data analysis, negotiations, supplier relationship management, and supply chain risk identification/mitigation. Experience managing and taking action to achieve KPIs & metrics such as inventory accuracy, on-time delivery, fulfilment accuracy, etc.
- Ability to identify a problem, work with the extended team to frame it and drive to potential solutions, build and present a business case, and communicate effectively to leadership to garner support
- Experience of Implementation/Participation of large scale Supply Chain Transformational programs.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others and maintaining strong links with other departments.
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong record of developing and implementing procedures.
- Positive attitude, team player with a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time or as required
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, reasonable accommodations will be made if at all possible under business conditions.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval