Telephone: 086 0449371
EMEA Pricing Manager
Who are the client
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an EMEA Pricing Manager for their site.
What will I be doing
- The EMEA Pricing Manager will lead the development and implementation of regional and local pricing strategies and revenue optimization to maximize product lifecycle and customer/segment profitability.
- You will also be responsible for executing an enterprise-wide governance strategy and global pricing process to ensure that guidance and policy are followed and applied at the regional/country level with local support and ownership.
- This role will ensure optimum adherence and use of price monitoring tool(s), and will execute key pricing initiatives with the region.
- The person will report directly to the CM/Informatics Business Unit but will need to own and execute an equivalent portion of work for the Infectious Disease BU, European region.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies and programs appropriate for new and current products and their respective markets in response to evolving market, competitive or internal conditions.
- Recommend and execute (or help execute) pricing policies and strategies governing direct and distributor sales in order to maintain or improve competitive position and/or profitability.
- Analyse and summarize actual product pricing trends in comparison with initial pricing projections and drive required corrective actions.
- Interface with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to coordinate efforts toward the accomplishment of pricing objectives. Support local commercial teams with group proposals and pricing guidelines.
- Work with Contracts Management / Compliance function to recommend customer contract terms and refine customer tier approach.
- Work closely with the Director of Global pricing to ensure global guidelines and initiatives are executed appropriately across EMEA
- Collaborate closely with, and provide ongoing reporting and analytics to the Director Global Pricing
- Support marketing teams to identify opportunities and execute remediation plans
- Lead the execution and monitoring of established 2018 price improvement initiatives and the development of 2019 price improvement initiatives in the region
- Work across business units, countries, and functions to monitor business pricing practices and process metrics while respecting the unique regional/country requirements.
- Ensure that review of current pricing for products takes place on a regular and consistent basis.
- Serve as a trusted advisor in the deal approval workflow
- Develop innovative approaches to pricing governance; stay abreast of market/industry changes
- Support the Cardiometabolic/Informatics BU and Infectious Disease BU Pricing Councils
- Provide guidance and development or adoption of systems and tools used for pricing analytics to determine true profitability of customers and identify root cause for margin leakage
- Develop and utilize detailed analytical models to identify pricing and margin improvements (e.g., via "gross-to-net" analysis) to optimize contracts with key customers.
What do I need
- Bachelor's degree or graduate degree in a Business or Mathematical/Science subject.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in pricing strategy and analytics preferably in the healthcare industry. Management consulting experience in pricing strategy would equally be suitable.
- Experience in developing and implementing pricing strategies, including pricing by customer segmentation.
- Ability to develop and interpret financial models to analyse and recommend pricing actions.
- Experience in analysing price waterfall elements.
- Strong understanding of pricing processes from strategic issues to tactical execution elements, including key iteration points with information systems. Process management knowledge and experience.
- Strong pricing execution and monitoring/metrics knowledge; experience implementing and managing price governance projects.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across functional teams and different organizational levels to deliver results. Experience working within a complex virtual team environment and leading project activities.
- Demonstrated strategic and intellectual agility combined with analytical and modelling expertise
- Highly developed time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities with a high degree of initiative required.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally
- Ability to plan, implement and monitor projects. Demonstrated ability to proactively engage organizational leadership and communicate project progress, issues and solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Track record of driving results and change.
- Experience in use and design of pricing / finance analytics platforms and tools
- Experience with Configure Price Quote (CPQ) solutions a plus
For further information on this EMEA Pricing Manager role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval