Engineering Lab Supervisor
Job ID: JOB-12978
Engineering Lab Supervisor
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Permanent Role
We are now inviting an Engineering Lab Supervisor to apply to join our Galway, Ireland team as part of our Global Technology & Services group. The Global Technology & Services (GT&S) group of 300 engineers, scientists and technicians supports all divisions and Corporate Research and Operations. GT&S delivers global R&D Services and implements standards where capability and cost leverage can be realised through a central team or knowledge-sharing structure. We are pursuing a vision to strengthen Galway’s contributions while enhancing collaboration and networking with the broader global GT&S group. Our new Engineering Lab Supervisor is a vital part of that vision.
- Lead the day-to-day lab activities, including scheduling and sequencing of testing across two shifts.
- Guide a team of multi-functional, experienced Quality Technicians and Engineers.
- Plan and promote team development with a strong focus on customer needs, Quality and EHS compliance.
- Implement new equipment and test methods to enhance the lab systems and constantly promote awareness of best practices.
- Monitor and support lab finances to ensure the department operates within a budget.
- Develop and implement plans to improve and expand lab capabilities to support current and future Mechanical Testing of Commercial and PDP products.
- Represent the lab as a prime contact on Mechanical Testing of Commercial and PDP products
- Provide regular updates to management, and host customer tours and demonstrations.
- Ensure compliance in the areas of time reporting, metrics and documentation.
- Lead the lab External and Internal Audit planning and facilitation.
- Assure that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained to ensure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establish and promote a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System
Education & Experience:
- Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in an Engineering/Science discipline
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience required
- Experience within the medical device or pharmaceutical industry is essential
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Emma Griffin on +353 86 0334325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…