Engineering Lead job in Galway
This Engineering Lead job in Galway is a permanent one. My client, a leading engineering company, are currently seeking an Engineering Lead with a track record of delivering, leading and planning to join their site in Galway.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As the Engineering Lead you will achieve production targets and establish the standard methods, you will ensure that the standard method is carried out, improved, and problems that occur are eliminated at root cause.
- Cultivate a good production environment.
- Determine manpower planning & forecasting in conjunction with HR, you will be involved directly in the recruitment of team members and will establish a T&D plan for new hires.
- Manage and deal with daily issues as they arise.
- Design, improve & distribute the contents of work assignments.
- Budget & control all overtime.
- Establish two way communication daily with team members. Give feedback on team/group performances, listen, inform, and give feedback on corrective action.
- Assume the responsibility for all health and safety matters of the team.
- Development of chargehands/team leaders.
- Select, purchase and install all new equipment.
- Control, maintain and monitor all machinery and all activities/people involved in the operation and maintenance of the machinery. Establish budget for all consumables.
- Determine the delivery point, layout and presentation of all direct materials, establish appropriate line feed quantities and frequencies. Devise and document, with team members, method, layout and systems to deliver be able to establish tar-gets track and monitor.
- Must deliver all products to the customer at the desired quality and at the agreed customer delivery schedule.
- Area procedures and work instructions must reflect activities.
- Identify, measure and display 'all performance criteria'.
- Produce and deliver all output at the lowest competitive cost. Use ACTIVA to identify and continuously improve on cost of output.
- Develop incentive objectives for team members, establish level of incentive payout if required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Applied Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Technical qualification and people management skills
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to Communicate at all levels of the Organisation
- Decision making
- Excellent People skills
If you're free for a quick chat to find out more about my client and their Engineering Lead job in Galway, then please call me on 091 730 022.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval