Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager for their site.
Engineering Manager of a Business Unit consisting of multiple product lines and technologies. Devotes a significant portion of time to managerial, leadership, and staff development responsibilities.
- Responsible for Manufacturing Engineering of a Business Unit or Value Stream.
- Works cross functionally with Production and Quality Manager to manage and deliver business goals and objectives
- Responsible to deliver Business Unit 9 Panel Metrics ( Safety ? Quality ? Service ? Cost )
- Champions key Engineering Metrics for the Business Unit ? Yield, Cost Improvement (VIP), Efficiency, Lean Manufacturing metrics etc.
- Provides strong technical support to the cross functional teams in manufacturing. Capable of resolving highly complex issues.
- Responsible for developing a world class-manufacturing team that is proficient in problem solving manufacturing issues using Six-Sigma tools.
- Manages the Engineering team for the Business Unit and coordinates all engineering related activities. Coaches and mentors staff on daily issues and technical issues.
- Key focus is Talent Management and Succession Plans within the area and department to help develop future business leaders.
- Develops and executes departmental budgets and capital equipment spending.
- Develops a Business Unit Strategy focusing on technology advancement, automation and product design to drive rates of improvements.
- Leads and represents function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department projects.
- Lead or supports the site Strategic Quality Process (SQP) and key site-wide projects.
- Active participant at departmental and manager/director business meetings focused on continuous improvement and driving ideal behaviours within the site.
- Champions and supports the introduction of key New Product for the business. Works closely with Process Development and R&D on all New Product activities.
- Liaises with US counterparts on a regular basis to develop, manage and execute key Divisional and Site Projects.
- Sponsors and supports Operations Value Improvement Process (VIP) or Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects.
- Responsible for the departmental basics including budgeting, hiring, day-to-day Management, project resourcing, etc.
- Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Will lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- Capable of working in a fast paced, dynamic working environment that delivers annual rates of improvements across key business metrics.
- Strong team player that focuses on implementing teamwork and collaboration across the functional teams.
Level 8 qualification required. Postgraduate an advantage.
Ideally 8 plus years? experience in Engineering /Production roles with at least 4 years? experience in a leadership role.
For further information on this Engineering Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval