Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager for their site.
Responsible for providing technical leadership to solving technical problems for the operations team. A core element of the role is to manage the development of the engineering competences with direct reports, and also the operations engineers. The role will involve developing engineering best practice and coaching and mentoring operations engineers on engineering best practice.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Be responsible and accountable for the development of the engineering strategy to deliver the Operational objectives of the business units.
- Work in harmony with the Operations managers and Quality leaders to provide leadership and a consistent focus on product and process quality.
- Lead a team of assigned engineers and other functional professionals to deliver project objectives which support the operations strategy.
- Work closely with the Operations Management Team to ensure optimum business results in the short, medium and long term.
- Be responsible to manage the engineering competencies of assigned engineers and partner with the Operations managers to ensure consistent developments across the business ME?s.
- Develop and complete IDP?s and performance reviews with assigned engineers to provide structured development opportunities to improve performance and engagement.
- Be responsible (with others) for the design and continuous development of the engineering Competency Management Process; be a member of the Engineering Competency certification board.
- Participate in defining Engineering best practice and generating procedures to standardize best practice where appropriate.
- Liaise with other function leaders where appropriate to ensure the engineering teams comply with and support cross functional best practice in GMP?s, GDP?s, Finance Processes, Compliance Initiatives and EHS requirements.
- Lead and participate in cross functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives ? communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Drive continuous improvement through the greater integration of IT systems throughout the plant (use centrally generated repots, maximise the efficiency of IT technologies etc.)
- Monitor and evaluate process layout to ensure maximum utilisation of floor space, minimise handling and optimum process flow.
- Bachelor?s Degree in an Engineering discipline
- 6+ years? experience in a technical engineering role
- Must have at least three years? experience within manufacturing operations.
- A recognised qualification in Lean Manufacturing.
- Successful leadership/management of engineering team in an aggressive, dynamic, and results motivated environment.
- Proven experience practicing lean tools.
- Business understanding of operations and their impacts essential.
- High level of PC skills.
- A demonstrated ability to coach and guide others.
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external agents.
- An ability to facilitate a team of engineers to deliver a specific objective.
- An above average level of emotional intelligence.
- Flexibility essential with strong project management skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills.
- Capable of work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
For further information on this Engineering Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval