Our client a global leader in medical devices is recruiting for a leadership role in Cork. The Engineering Manager is responsible for accelerating the pace and effectiveness of NPI by developing a culture of innovation within the engineering team while leveraging the company’s GQO and divisional partnerships. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical oversight and leadership for programmes and for setting technical direction including stakeholder management, people management and technical assessment of all assigned projects.
You will successfully lead the team to deliver key programs or projects per associated timelines, quality requirements within budgetary constraints.
Responsibilities will include some of the following:
- Project, stakeholder and people management including the technical assessment of all assigned projects. Will successfully lead the team to deliver key programs or projects per associated quality, time and cost constraints.
- Develop skills matrix in line with product road maps identifying the necessary training and coaching for team members to ensure that technical and team based skills are acquired, applied and maintained by team members.
- Develop a support network of key divisional/corporate leaders, academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product manufacturing and quality.
- Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Solutions may require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Lead a culture of innovation within the function by developing and implementing engineering forums and reviews for the engineering team.
- B.S in Engineering, Science or business discipline required or a related Master’s degree.
- 3 to 5 Years leadership experience or substantial engineering support or project management experience in a team based environment is required.
- Experience in managing a new products or process team preferred.
- Individual must possess strong leadership skills, proven ability to coach and mentor individuals in technical skills and people development areas. The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic and results driven team based environment with flexibility essential.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and engineering experience in new product introduction in a regulated environment preferred
For further information on this Engineering Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.