Telephone: 091 730 022
Engineering Manager job in Galway
I am currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager in Galway for our client, a leading medical device company that work with leading edge industry practices.
Primary Objectives of Position:
Reporting to the plant manager, the Engineering Manager will provide direction and manage operations engineering, automation and new product engineering teams. The Engineering Manager will also provide strategic and tactical technical direction to the plant as part of the site management team.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for the Manufacturing Engineering, Automation and New Product Introduction functions across the production units.
- Ensure equipment compliance to corporate guidelines, safety regulations and internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Manage the seamless introduction of new products from quotation development to volume manufacturing.
- Develop and implement a Total Preventative Maintenance program for site equipment providing business continuity.
- Manage equipment capacity in line with business needs through optimisation and new equipment procurement.
- Work closely with Production and Ops Quality to deliver Operational objectives, liaise closely with all relevant departments to support business objectives
- Develop and foster a data driven lean Six Sigma culture and effective problem solving approach to the delivery of business goals across the site.
- Develop capital projects proposals, administrate and manage the site capital budget
- Evaluate new technologies, and prepare ROI proposals to senior management for investment planning.
- Development and implementation of an automation strategy aligned with new business and the continuous improvement program, leveraging internal and external resources and partners.
- Career path development for technical staff; hiring, coaching and developing new and existing employees, promoting continuous improvement and cross functional team work.
- With the Plant Operations Management team develop a strong pipeline of talent at all levels across the organization.
- Integrate site with TE Centres of Excellence, leverage and share network knowledge. Contribute on broader Engineering topics and forums and build strong collaborations within industry and within TE.
- Identify and project manage a diverse array of engineering related projects. Ensure safety and product quality are never compromised.
- B. Eng. (or equivalent experience) and at least 7 years relevant experience.
- Must have proven track record in managing and developing a professional / technical team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to implement Process Capability and Lean Principles in every aspect of Engineering.
- Working knowledge of six sigma would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong knowledge of ISO and FDA requirements.
- A good background in volume manufacture in addition to a strong knowledge of operational business processes.
- Proven track record in people development.
For further information on this Engineering Manager job in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091 730 022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
I look forward to hearing from you.
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval