Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager for their site.
- The Engineering Manager will develop, refine and execute the Company's short and long term engineering strategies to meet its business objectives.
- The Engineering Manager's role is a senior leadership position, reporting to the CEO and requiring a significant level of collaboration with customers, other functional areas and as part of the Company's Senior Management team.
- Other key aspects of the role include managing resources so that engineering skill sets are aligned with short and long term Company requirements, coordinating innovation, design, product development and design of manufacturing systems to targeted timelines and budgets.
- This role also involves managing an engineering group with significant medical device design and product development experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the design, launch and maintenance of production processes, tooling and automation ensuring process optimization and ongoing productivity improvements.
- Support Business Development team in the communication of technical solutions and costed proposals to customer enquiries.
- Work in conjunction with fellow Senior Management executives to develop and execute short and long term engineering strategies to meet the Company's business objectives.
- Responsible for the introduction and ramp to manufacture of all medical devices produced at the Galway facility.
- Provide innovative solutions concerning product design and development and design for manufacture.
- Oversee the design, development and procurement of equipment to support manufacturing.
- Development of novel solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Process development and implementation in a design control setting.
- Creation and management of documentation and procedure system for processes, equipment, tooling, and testing.
- Identify, qualify, and manage subcontractors and suppliers including contract design firms.
- Manage contract research activities with Universities and private companies.
- Support quality system requirements through design control methods, Design Of Experiments (DOE), Computer Aided Design (CAD), and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Manage and support design verification testing and process validations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of biocompatibility studies.
- Conducts job reviews for individuals in the engineering group.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Successful candidate must have a track record of success in an engineering environment, a Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering or related field and at least 10 years' experience in medical device engineering. Previous experience in a medical device-manufacturing environment is required.
- A background in machine building, automation, polymer processing, molding is desirable. Experience with manufacturing, GMPS, FDA and ISO systems is required. The individual must be proficient in mechanical design principles and material selection.
- This position has full responsibility and authority to make necessary decisions and/or take action, which is required to carry out job duties.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Michelle Kilcar on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval