Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager for their site.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Solutions may require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Develop a support network of key divisional/corporate leaders, academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product manufacturing and quality.
- Lead a culture of innovation within the function by developing and implementing engineering forums and reviews for the engineering team.
- Develop skills matrix in line with product road maps identifying the necessary training and coaching for team members to ensure that technical and team based skills are acquired, applied and maintained by team members.
- Provide direction to the team in complex or difficult situations, remove obstacles, assign appropriate resources and interface with other functions to assist with issue resolution.
- Assume the role of technical mentor for engineers in the function.
- Responsible for project, stakeholder and people management including the technical assessment of all assigned projects. Will successfully lead the team to deliver key programs or projects per associated quality, time and cost constraints.
- Be an effective partner across all functions within divisional and GQO organisations to deliver associated new products in line with divisional pipelines. Participate and represent the function at required business forums.
- Partner with HR in identifying, acquiring top talent while developing and retaining talent within the team.
- Responsible for the implementation, enforcement and compliance of all relevant quality, regulatory and safety standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- B.S in Engineering, Science or business discipline required or a related masters degree. 3 to 5 Years leadership experience or substantial engineering support or project management experience in a team based environment is required. Experience in managing a new products or process team preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and presentation skills essential.
- Individual must possess strong leadership skills, proven ability to coach and mentor individuals in technical skills and people development areas. The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic and results driven team based environment with flexibility essential.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and engineering experience in new product introduction in a regulated environment preferred.
- Flexibility essential with strong project management skills.
- Requires an analytical, logical and strategic thought process.
- Experience of GD&T, process mapping, statistical methods and process/ product validations would prove beneficial.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project).
- Excellent attention to detail.
For further information on this Engineering Manager role in Cork please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.