Telephone: 087 2197421
Engineering / Facilities / NPI Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager for their site.
- Implementation, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Selecting and Leading cross functional teams to achieve improvement in productivity, efficiency, and quality, where necessary including major automation projects.
- Management and maintenance of toolroom and all Engineering Drawings.
- Development and implementation of new Engineering concepts.
- Management of the transfer and standardisation of the process and products from with in Lake Region and major customer sites.
- Prepare and develop financial models for new business.
- Effectively transfer technology from one Integer site to another.
- Develop, implement and control new product introductions.
- The improvement of productivity through local initiatives involving the modification of methods, layouts and equipment.
- Preparation and controlling of all department costs within agreed annual budgets.
- Overall control and application of Engineering and process methods leading to World Class Manufacturing philosophies, and preparation and implementation of standard line times.
- Ensure that those who report to you receive satisfactory training and are encouraged towards personal development.
- Ensure those who report to you maintain the highest standards of personal performance as fits world class engineering organisations.
- Manage department spending within the limits set by the annual budget.
- Ensure that in your absence, your department provides adequate day to day service. Ensure that other departments are informed of your arrangements.
- Play a leadership role in encouraging the Company to achieve world class standards, above all by setting your own high professional standards as an example.
- Lead the introduction of new technologies and new products from other Lake Region customer manufacturing sites. This will include taking products from R&D and developing efficient manufacturing process, which delivers product that conforms to the company’s rigorous quality standards.
- Achieve the highest levels of product and process quality within the business, meeting or exceeding both internal and external customer expectations. Assume that Engineering has the ultimate responsibility for product quality.
- Ensure proactive response to all customer complaints, whether internally generated or externally generated, by seeking root cause for problems and correcting them at the source.
- Establish and maintain a process of continuous improvement that is focused on the quality of the products and process within the business.
- Ensure open communication and co-operation with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance for the rapid recommendation and implementation of design changes necessary to correct problems or improve the products and processes.
- Train and direct staff members in a manner that ensures that all processes and procedures are followed, that the highest levels of quality and workmanship are used in the construction and assembly of our products, and that in process quality inspection is everyone’s job.
- Undertake flexible teamwork approach in sharing resources to facilitate multiple simultaneous projects and process improvements.
- Assist Senior Management in all tasks as requested, including preparation of department presentations.
- Be an active member of the management team and work with all other managers and directors and staff to develop a world class lean manufacturing system.
- Ensure the company behavioural standards are adhered to, setting the example yourself for your direct reports.
Skills And Knowledge:
- Experience of high volume labour intensive manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Business an advantage.
- Product transfer knowledge
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to coordinate, plan and organise substantial engineering projects.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.E Degree or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer.
- High volume labour intensive manufacturing experience.
- Substantial experience in Automation.
- New Product Introduction experience.
For further information on this Engineering Manager role in Galway please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.