Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager for their site.
We require an experienced engineering manager to provide direction and manage Manufacturing, Automation and New Product Introduction engineering teams (approximately 50 people), across the Galway Business Units.
The role will report to the plant manager, working closely with the other functional managers providing strategic and technical support as a key member of the Site Leadership Team.
Experience : Considerable Manufacturing Engineering Management experience. Managing a large team of manufacturing engineers and technicians.
- To own, sustain and improve Manufacturing Processes and Systems
- To continually reduce overall manufacturing scrap, Delivering best in class engineering solutions .
- To ensure equipment (production) capacity is put in place in a timely and effective manner to meet business requirements.
- To maintain the compliance & validation state of our Manufacturing Lines and ensure they are continually in a state of "Audit Readiness".
- To ensure New Product Introductions are appropriately resourced and a seamless handover from PD / R&D to Ops occurs.
- To maintain and continually develop knowledge of its Manufacturing Processes and to integrate the site with TE Centres of Excellence, leverage and share network knowledge and innovation.
- To develop a PSPI (Problem Solving – Process Improvement) methodology and culture in Operations
- To administrate and manage the site capital budget and to ensure each VS follows the site wide Project Management System and has in place a process for prioritizing resources to projects.
- Introduce and maintain safe work stations and equipment.
- To develop & sustain a culture that is in line with our core people values & our business principles
- To manage and co-ordinate the interface with sustaining engineering activities on site.
- Ensure equipment compliance to Corporate guidelines, safety regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with Production, Quality and Supply Chain to deliver Operational objectives, liaise closely with all relevant departments to support business objectives
- Manage the seamless introduction of new products from R&D/NPI to volume manufacturing.
- Sustain and improve the performance and maintenance of the production equipment/lines through programs like TPM ensuring business continuity.
- Management of continuous programs to improve process yields and reduce scrap.
- Develop and foster a Lean Six Sigma culture with an effective problem-solving approach.
- Manage equipment capacity through optimization and/or new equipment procurement.
- Develop Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the engineering team to support and advance production processes.
- Develop capital projects proposals, administrate and manage the site capital budget
- Evaluate new technologies and prepare ROI proposals to senior management for investment planning.
- Working with the Business Units develop and implement a Technical Road Map and an automation strategy.
- Career path development for technical staff; hiring, coaching and developing new and existing employees, promoting continuous improvement and cross functional team work.
- Integrate site with TE Centres of Excellence, leverage and share network knowledge. Contribute on broader Engineering topics and forums and build strong collaborations within industry and within TE.
- Identify and project manage a diverse array of Engineering related projects.
- Ensure safety and product quality are never compromised.
- B.E. with at least 7 years relevant engineering management experience.
- Must have proven track record in managing and developing a professional / technical team.
- The ability to implement Process Capability and Lean Principles in every aspect of Engineering.
- Working knowledge of six sigma would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong knowledge of ISO and FDA requirements.
For further information on this Engineer Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval