My client requires an experienced Engineering Manager to undertake projects in Germany.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for providing technical leadership to solving technical problems for the team. A core element of the role is to manage the development of the engineering competences with direct reports, and also the operations engineers. The role will involve developing engineering best practice and coaching and mentoring operations engineers and PMs on engineering best practice.
Key Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager:
- Be responsible and accountable for the development of the engineering strategy to deliver the Operational objectives of the business units.
- Secures appropriate resources to execute the program compliantly, effectively, and efficiently. Identifies opportunities to continuously improve quality systems consistent with business objectives.
- Liaise with other function leaders where appropriate to ensure the engineering teams comply with and support cross functional best practice in GMP?s, GDP?s, Finance Processes, Compliance Initiatives and EHS requirements.
- Lead and participate in cross functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives ? communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Provide leadership to support business changes and process improvements.
- Ensure adequate resources are available for project support.
- Lead a team of assigned engineers and other functional professionals to deliver project objectives which support the operations strategy.
Experience, Education, and Skills required of the Engineering Manager:
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a similar role within Medical devices diagnostics, pharmaceutical or other highly regulated industry required.
- A recognised qualification in Lean Manufacturing.
- Proven experience practicing lean tools.
- Flexibility essential with strong project management skills.
- Proven track record in participating in leading teams.
- Interacts with global regulatory bodies as needed to support audits.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills.
- Capable of work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
For further information on this Consultant Engineering Manager role in Germany please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval