Job ID: JOB-12907
I am looking to speak with experienced Engineering Managers about this super new job opportunity in Cork for an Engineering Managerwith one of our leading Medical Device clients?
This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages.
As an Engineering Manager you will have the opportunity to inspire, lead and mentor diverse teams across our site in Cork. We expect to win as a team by doing things the right way and challenging each other to strive for the very best.
Our total rewards package offering includes bonuses, healthcare, insurance benefits, retirement programs, wellness programs, as well as service and performance awards – not to mention flexible working hours .
- Responsible for assigned Manufacturing Engineering teams, including performance management, prioritisation of resource assignments, recruitment, mentoring and supervision.
- Champion effective employee relations and communication within the department, while demonstrating a flexible management style, utilizing the appropriate style for the given situation.
- Create a highly talented Value Stream team and champion a positive employee environment by promoting open communication, engagement and development of team members. Promote a culture of inclusiveness, trust, cooperation and a commitment to teamwork.
- Select and develop a talented and competent team of Engineering Professionals. Coach and mentor employees, and support continuous learning and development toward a performance excellence goal.
- Develop SMEs (subject matter experts) as necessary to both foster initiatives in strategic areas, and to provide follow-on support to manufacturing in respect of completed projects in such areas.
- Agree and drive operational excellence by setting clear direction and expectations for performance. Establish performance targets for the Value Stream, and measure actual performance with respect to Product Quality, Customer Service, department spending, labour efficiency and yield against targets. Takes appropriate and timely corrective action if negative trends begin to emerge.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsors and supports Operations Value Improvement Projects (VIP) or Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects.
- Provide leadership and direction to team on process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the company to assist team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process as part of a structured continuous improvement program.
- Works proactively with business management peers and site leadership to deliver business objectives – lean manufacturing metrics, VIPs, cycle time, efficiency, space utilisation, scrap as %VOP etc.
- Development of a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem solving manufacturing issues using Six-Sigma tools.
- Collaborate with the Process Development Department to ensure that all new products and processes are introduced into production in compliance, on time, within budget and are operationally successful.
- Development of, and management of spend against departmental budgets and capital spending approvals.
- Lead and/or represents the function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production / engineering issues.
- Ensures provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required or mandated by shutdowns, projects, quality issues and/or equipment failures.
- Actively interfaces all other business functions, 3rd part Vendors / Suppliers, and sister sites, and always practices good team work in support of the day to day operating requirements in pursuit of achieving the business targets
- Develops and maintain relationships with technical management in sister sites and R&D
- Fostering a work environment of continuous improvement that supports clients Quality Policy, Quality System, and the appropriate regulations for the area they support, in particular ensuring that employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Observing the Quality Management Systems requirements on site at all times
- Keeps oneself abreast of all relevant technological advancements and oversees the specification and purchase of capital equipment, ensuring a balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Manages the planning and execution of process and equipment validations per client requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.)
- Ideally 6 years relevant experience in a team based regulated manufacturing environment.
- Experience at a senior / management level.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
- Demonstrable analytical & problem solving skills using recognised methodologies, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Project Management skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong leadership skills, a confident and effective decision maker, with a proven leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
- Clearly demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Technological pioneer, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances on the floor
- There may be a requirement as part of the role to travel to other sites
For further information on this Engineering Manager role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on +353 868395531 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…