Our client, a medical device company is recruiting for an Engineering Manager for their plant, based in Dun Laoghaire. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the management, direction and coordination of all engineering activities at the plant. You will manage facilities, sustainability, new product introductions and product/process development. You will work with the Worldwide Director of Engineering to ensure alignment of priorities associated with New Product Introductions and Technology / Process changes.
- Provide consistent leadership and direction to engineering function within the plant. You will manage facilities, sustainability, new product introductions and product/process development
- Develop a team of direct reports and ensure that a succession pipeline identified and implemented
- Manage new product introduction and product/ process development across the plant.
- Overall responsibility for implementing capital expenditure projects across the plant.
- Manage capital spend tracking, monthly reporting and forecasting.
- You will lead the Plant Priority Matrix ‘PPM’ process and interface with project owners to ensure projects are on track and communicate any roadblocks with suggested solutions to site leadership.
- Working with procurement and global real estate & construction to ensure that all projects are executing in line with the company’s procedures.
- Drive key changes and continuous improvement in site engineering systems and procedures.
- Manage Key Cost to Win programs and ensure that projects are rolled out as required.
- Liaise on a worldwide basis with Engineering, Quality, R&D, Marketing and Manufacturing staff.
- Maintain the environmental and IPC licence compliance.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in engineering leadership environment with at least 5 years at a senior management level, ideally within a Medical Devices/Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of success in leading a large engineering function.
- Proven ability to influence and effectively manage high demands in an environment with limited resources
- Agile learner, excellent interpersonal skills and results obtained
For further information on this Engineering Manager role please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Compliance Specialist My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Specialist on…
Title MDR/Vigilance Specialist Duration: 12 months Location: Work from home / Ballybrit Galway Start Date: ASAP…
Title IT Business/Systems Analyst Summary Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an…