Telephone: 086 1070950
Engineering Manager, Embedded Software
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick is currently looking to recruit a Engineering Manager, Embedded Software for their site.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage a team of talented embedded software engineers primarily working in C/C++ for embedded multi-threaded and multi-processor applications;
- Participate in project planning and drive execution to meet project timelines and deliverables ensuring predictability and the meeting and setting of quality objectives.
- Lead and mentor the team covering a range of embedded technology areas; the team will work with languages from Assembly, C/C++ to C# in environments from a .NET compact framework to system on System-On-Chip development.
- It is expected that the manager will initially contribute directly to development and as such have experience in the above areas, and especially have strong previous design experience in inter-processor communications using event driven State Machines and message synchronization, device driver development on microcontrollers, such as Cortex-M, MSP430, Zilog, Atmel, etc. and strong knowledge of software-hardware interfaces, and in Real-time Operating systems
- Define the engineering capabilities required to meet new product development and sustaining objectives and work with other business and technical leaders in recruiting resources as the team expands
- Perform software design reviews taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability and also reviews for test plans and technical documentation
- Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems
Required education and training
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering. For example: Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Science or Mathematics.
- 8 years of relevant direct technical work experience and in addition a minimum of 5 years relevant management experience managing an embedded team.
For further information on this Engineering Manager, Embedded Software role in Limerick please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.