Telephone: 086 3073779
Engineering Manager II (Equipment Support)
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager II (Equipment Support) for their site.
- Responsible for Equipment Maintenance and Metrology Functions.
- Provides guidance and training to staff, motivates individuals to achieve results, and assists staff in attaining performance/training objectives and career goals.
- Determines appropriate staff levels, schedules, and resources. Works with other managers (groups) to collaboratively assign tasks and schedule work to meet project completion dates and deliverables.
- Owns and drives the functions balanced scorecard (KPI's)
- Develops and communicates function strategy with 3+ years outloook.
- Develops and monitors department budget.
- Drives projects of major magnitude and scope, with regular updates to leadership on the function value proposition and systems improvements.
- Drives development of and insures compliance with department, site, and corporate policies, procedures, and tools.
- Establishes and maintains cross-functional team relationships and is an active member of Global community of practice for Maintenance and Calibration, contributing significant input and influence to the long term strategy of both.
- Communicates cross-functionally to identify and resolve organizational and technical issues at group / site / corporate levels. Owns the Technical Training academy for Engineering
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understands and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Ensures all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
- Scope: Accomplishes results through professional specialist employees or subordinate managers and supervisors who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Provides direction and monitors progress toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability; monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility. Subject to approval, modifies the organizational structure of centralized functions and units. Often responsible for managing a staff function of the company.
- Supervision Received: Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is reviewed by senior management in terms of meeting the organizationn++s objectives and schedules.
- Supervision Provided: Provides direction and guidance to professional specialist employees or subordinate managers and supervisors.
For further information on this Engineering Manager II (Equipment Support) role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.