- The NPI Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the Project portfolio within the Engineering function and is responsible for implementing, maintaining and supporting the effective and efficient execution of projects within the company.
- The NPI Engineering Manager is responsible for a team of technical personnel providing a professional level of technical support, innovation, direction and leadership.
- This position reports directly to the Engineering Director.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of a project portfolio that aligns with the strategic goals of the company and ensure best practice in project governance by maximising systems, people and processes. Projects within the portfolio will range in scope from programs of incremental improvement through to significant breakthroughs and new product introduction and development.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, influencing competencies, and a proven ability to drive lasting behavioural change. Lead the implementation of change aligned with the company culture of self-direction, empowerment, and accountability, with sensitivity to the particular challenges of change management. Provide leadership and guidance to the Project Management and NPI teams.
- Manage the portfolio of projects using standardised company project management methods. This will involve working closely with stakeholders in other plants and departments in a challenging environment of competing priorities to achieve optimal outcomes that are aligned with the company's strategic goals.
- Manage the portfolio of the financial budget processes and ensure that projects are delivered to agreed budgetary commitments
- Employ Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies such as process mapping, root cause analysis, cause and effect matrices, FMEA, as appropriate in project work.
- Provide leadership and focus on strategic planning to assess and prioritise projects under the criteria defined in company project management policy. Maintain the project prioritisation register and ensure project reporting is timely and accurate. Analyse and recognise patterns and trends in key performance indicators. Seek to propose and justify projects in a pro-active way.
- Commit to a personal training and development program linked to the strategic business requirements of the position. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Learn company manufacturing processes and equipment in order to understand them, to be competent in providing direction for process improvements. Promote standardization, familiarity and commonality of processes & management systems across the site.
- Lead the NPI engineering function within the site to ensure that customer needs are met in a timely manner, by ensuring exceptional handover and commercialisation from the R&D teams and or customer transfers.
- Work closely with the commercial teams to ensure new products and R&D projects are continually added to the pipeline to ensure revenue commitments.
- Develop productive & effective relationships with colleagues in other sites, facilitating the sharing of best practice in both directions.
- Take responsibility as required for selected corrective and preventative actions as they apply to our technical and project management systems.
- Develop documentation and assist in training employees in new or improved procedures and processes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven track record in managing large-scale projects using formal project management methodology, including the management of multiple concurrent initiatives across sites.
- Knowledge of engineering and project management theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities be a proven influencer and communicator with stakeholders at all levels.
- Displays competence in the Company Leadership Competencies: Build Team Capability, Drive for Excellence, Shape the future.
- Strong organisational Leadership skills, high performing team development and dynamic team coaching skills. Ability to train and lead assigned employees.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong collaboration skills & problem solving skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing/Engineering field. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 8/10+ years’ in an operations environment.
- 5 years + in leadership capacity.
For further information on this Engineering Manager (Projects/NPI) in Wexford please contact on Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.