Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager within workshops for their site.
At our Technical Services Department, we focus on driving synergies and best practice in infrastructure, real estate, mechanical and electrical services and construction projects to enable the site to deliver its business objectives.
- Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company's workshop function and the operational equipment maintenance programme.
- Ensures work is carried out under GMP conditions, in line with site & corporate procedures and in a safe working environment
- Selects, evaluates, develop and coach personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
- Manage the response to changing operations priorities on projects through effective schedule management.
- Monitor and evaluate actual performance versus plan and determine improvements to drive enhanced execution and department effectiveness.
- Monitors maintenance documentation throughout all phases of site support from new equipment development, equipment changes and commercial support.
- Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products to support the efficient, safe and compliance for equipment maintenance.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement through A3 problem solving methodology and develop lean and six sigma expertise.
- Establishing a best in class system and procedures for maintenance of operations electrical and mechanical equipment building on corrective, preventative plans to create a predictive maintenance strategy.
- Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies to support the development of the maintenance programme to match industry direction and pace. Directing the development of new concepts for process or system improvements from initial design to implementation and sustaining.
- Develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems complying with external and internal regulatory requirements by ensuring that proper documentation such as manufacturing PM’s and tech drawings specifications / procedures are in place and applied.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering, Technical/Science or related discipline
- 7-10 years of direct engineering/manufacturing relevant experience
- Minimum 4-6 years’ previous experience in a people management position.
- Proven ability to deliver technical projects on time, ability to deal with and manage change, effectively handle multiple priorities, while adopting an organized approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization is desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both written and spoken.
For further information on this Engineering Manager role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval