Engineering Program Manager
Job ID: JOB-11446
Engineering Program Manager
Our client, a MNC medical device company located in Galway is recruiting for an Engineering Program Manager for a permanent role. This role is commutable from Clare and Mayo. As a member of Operations Technical Sourcing, you will drive supplier selection, component and supplier development, and component qualification through effective partnership with external suppliers and internal design and development teams in the Operating Unit. The Engineering Program Manager will be involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
- Leads or leverages cross-functional teams to evaluate, develop, qualify and manage supplier projects for new product development programs.
- Oversees and manages the supplier aspects of projects and serves as liaison between Operations, project management, project team, and line management.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and develops resolutions to meet schedule, budget, cost, productivity, quality, and functionality goals and objectives.
- Communicates with stakeholders, obtains stakeholder engagement to ensure the suppliers and components meet business needs.
- Define supplier selection, component and supplier development, and component qualification strategy.
- Define supplier objectives and design requirements. Partner with suppliers to ensure components are designed for reliability, manufacturability, and cost.
- Drive supplier requirements and supplier performance objectives by collaborating effectively with cross-functional partners to clarify design intent, identify critical features, and assess feature risks.
- Support department goals and initiatives.
- Drive Design for Reliability and Manufacturability with suppliers to deliver high quality parts & devices resulting in higher first-time quality and capability with greater cost, program and launch predictability.
- Utilise and deploy skillsets in Design, Reliability & Manufacturability (DRM), Six Sigma (incl. Process Capability & Gauge R&R), Process Characterisation and Project Management.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Third Level 8 Degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- You will demonstrate critical thinking, ability to collaborate and create alignment, generate ideas and set high standards.
- Experience in new product development would be an advantage.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational, presentation and project management skills are desirable.
- Experience in Lean/6 Sigma tools an advantage.
Note; Ability & willingness to travel 10 – 25%.
For further information on this Engineering Program Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…