Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Project Manager Ostomy for their site.
- Lead teams and/or individuals, using direct or indirect influence techniques.
- Lead activities across multi-functional and cross-geographical teams to meet deliverables.
- Lead the development of integrated business plans, manage and track project budgets, product cost, and capital, and establish return on investment.
- Support activities to scope and charter new projects.
- Mentor others by providing guidance, direction, or other technical expertise.
- Use systematic techniques and ensure use of the stage gate or other suitable process to create, support, and manage the development of project goals, schedules, and tasks.
- Coordinate cross-functional team activities to meet project or program deliverables.
- Coordinate and lead project managers to ensure successful program outcomes.
- Obtain and/or negotiate resources as needed, assign tasks as appropriate, and ensure that commitments are met.
- Monitor project progress to anticipate risks and develop solutions before they become critical.
- Highlight and address any changes from the overall project or program plan
- Understand accounting principles, capital, and expense planning in support of project/program and departmental performance.
- Effectively prepare, manage and communicate project expense and / or capital budgets.
- Utilize resource planning to support department and corporate resource monitoring.
- Socialize project status identifying key project milestones, progress, and major interdependencies throughout operations and engineering functions.
- Provide regular updates sponsors on the status of the overall program or project
- Present updates to senior leadership at project milestone meetings.
- Use clearly understood metrics to report progress to management.
- Provide technical expertise to projects/programs business results.
- Develop and test process concepts to reduce /avoid risk when implementing full scale commercial production processes.
- Complete or coordinate proof of principle process development.
- Create process specifications, request for quotations, factory acceptance plans, validation plans, and other relevant documentation to support product introductions via new or existing equipment.
- Foster and manage supplier relationships in the procurement of equipment (i.e. identification, assessment, selection, and qualifications).
- Complete or coordinate process development, characterization, and testing through the use of DOEs and relevant analysis techniques.
- Complete or coordinate with plant associates, equipment and processes qualifications (IQ, OQ, PQ) and support the manufacturing process transfer.
- Support capacity modeling and planning activities.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of project/program management experience ideally within regulated environment
- Minimum 6 years of relevant engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline
- Project Management training / qualifications, PMP preferred
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Experience with project management tools and skills; with knowledge of process and project planning best practices.
- Ability to focus and drive ongoing organizational assessment to identify gaps/opportunities relative to the product development, commercialization, and manufacturing processes.
- Serve as a change agent with passion, high-energy, and a results oriented creative and analytical mind with the ability to manage critical situations.
- Proven ability to manage extensive communications both up and down in the organization to keep key stakeholders appropriately engaged and informed to drive success of a project
- Business acumen; ability to think from an overall “best for the business” perspective.
- Demonstrate customer focus in all interactions. Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into business decisions
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of product design, product function, product materials, physical testing and requirements related to medical device design controls.
- Experience with automated production equipment, DOE techniques, and statistical analysis tools
- Manufacturing process development experience; demonstrated understanding of DFM principles, DOE techniques and statistical analysis tool.
For further information on this Engineering Project Manager Ostomy role in Mayo please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.