Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Supervisor for their site.
- At our Research & Development Department in the company, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures. The R&D Engineering Supervisor is directly involved in providing leadership and direction to a small R&D team ensuring the implementation of tactical R&D activities supporting the Structural Heart Business unit.
- You will lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performance engineering team responsible for Delivery Systems to support Structural heart product lines.
- You will drive innovation of Delivery System concepts to support next-generation designs and novel applications in other cardiovascular applications.
- You will partner with internal and external experts to maintain and strengthen relevant technical expertise.
- You will grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- You will lead and ensure achievement of project objectives and milestones with initially complex or undetermined outcomes.
- You will contribute to project decision-making using personal expertise, customer input, and strong engineering and clinical judgment.
- You will manage experienced engineers and newly graduated engineers, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
- You will actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports.
- You will collaborate with project teams to establish objectives and evaluate progress of direct reports.
- You will understand and comply with company policies & procedures and external standards & guidance.
- You will generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organisational challenges.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 3-5 years relevant experience within medical device environment.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced in a medical device market and have a proven results driven track record.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval