Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Supervisor for their site.
- You will contribute to develop technical capability of group to achieve business strategy through mentoring/coaching.
- You will be responsible for product family (processes, equipment and documentation to meet quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets).
- You will demonstrate complete understanding of relevant engineering of relevant engineering systems and understand how they interact with relevant corporate policies.
- You will provide local leadership, coaching and career development through communication, talent management, process improvement and general department administration (eg. Budget input, performance reviews).
- You will be leading customer tours and physician visits, operations core team lead in PDP projects, project lead for both Lean Sigma initiatives & continuous improvement projects and for cross site engineering projects to harness corporate wide best practice including transfers/onloads.
- You will conduct Performance & Development Reviews with staff members, provide on-going coaching and development guidance.
- You will participate in development and implementation of strategic plans.
- You will liaise with a wide range of departments and levels locally within Galway and across other sites.
- You will plan the technical aspect of process improvement projects.
- Drive continuous process improvement and equipment upgrades.
- Guide the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- You will establish use of KPI’s to assess current process capability vs goals in order to identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities.
- We are looking for a qualified person to BSc Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline and desirably with 5 years relevant experience.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with successful project, program & people management skills, provide excellent leadership skills, familiar with FDA regulations and have strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience using DMAIC methodology.
- Flexibility to travel to other locations will be required. Statistical skills are desirable along with experience in medical device manufacturing.
- Experience in process development and introduction of new technology within the medical device industry is also desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval