Engineering Technical Manager
Job ID: JOB-13084
Engineering Technical Manager
As part of the growing Engineering Team for a leading utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, we are seeking an Engineering Manager to join the team and work on engineering design works associated with a number of transmission and distribution grid connection projects.
The successful candidate will be based in either the Tralee, Cork or Dublin offices, though travel to and from site on occasion will also be required.
While the Engineering Technical Manager may be from an Electrical Engineering background, this is not a prerequisite for the position as the role will be both technical orientated and processed based.
For this unique role the successful applicant will need to demonstrate a high level of engineering technical knowledge and ability, particularly in the area of engineering design & project delivery.
Proficiency in compiling technical reports is essential and an ability to comprehensively carry out peer design reviews is a must. Implementation of standardised quality assurance processes and familiarity with HSQE standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 will be necessary.
- Working under direction of Engineering Design Manager.
- Design report compilation.
- Quality assurance compliance.
- ISO HSQE standards implementation.
- Peer review of draft reports/drawings/documentation to ensure the highest levels of quality before formal issue.
- Detailed analysis of design packages as prepared.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the design of transmission and distribution networks.
- Assisting in the compilation and assessment of Tender Submissions.
Key Requirements & Experience:
- Minimum Degree qualified – Engineering (NFQ Level 8).
- Relevant industry experience is desirable.
- An interest in developing a career in the Power Engineering Sector.
- Strong technical and design process knowledge is essential.
- Experience of ISO standards implementation.
- Excellent team worker with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
What we offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- 22 days annual leave.
- Emphasis on career development.
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation.
- Sick pay after completion of probation.
- Employee membership for our LAYA EAP Programme – 24/7 Mental Wellbeing Support & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Healthcare Discount.
- Employee Referral Scheme.
For further information on this role in Tralee, Cork or Dublin please contact Cliona Lawton on Hireme@hero.ie or 086-8168298.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…