Engineering Technician - Controls
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Technician - Controls for their site.
- Process Support: - The position will provide specialized technical support in the day-to-day operation of the assigned manufacturing processes, specifically supporting the various control systems. This work will involve troubleshooting problems encountered in the daily operation of the equipment, implement corrective measures to machine issues and propose preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence. Ability to explain an issue and communicate the path forward toward resolution to value stream technical support staff
- Perform preventative and corrective control system maintenance, completing all associated paperwork including software change control and software records to ensure total compliance
- This position will involve out of hours support when necessary.
- Process Improvements: - the position will identify and implement areas of process improvement, in line with Lean TPI initiatives. The position will lead small teams in achieving these improvements. The role will also provide relevant specialized support for the implementation and development of machine upgrades performed by GE Engineering and NPC staff.
- Support introduction of new equipment: - the position will liaise with Project Engineering and support the implementation of new manufacturing equipment, specifically in the area of Electrical and Controls.
- Support introduction of new products: the position will support the introduction of new products in the assigned area.
- Training: both provide and receive necessary training in order to perform required responsibilities
- Maintenance: provide technical support to maintenance staff to ensure that equipment is properly maintained from a controls perspective
- Safety review - ensure design & implementation of any process change is in compliance with safety standards
- Environmental standards - ensure any work performed adheres to the environmental standards subscribed to by the plant (ISO 14001)
- Fully qualified Electrician and/or
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- 6-8 years' experience working in a Controls/PLC manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of PLC systems and programming
- Networking of computers and machines
- Pneumatic systems and schematics
- Electrical drawings / CAD
- Vision systems
- Motion control, robotics and vision systems
- SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems
- Electrical standards, regulations and safety procedures
- Basic electronics knowledge to understand design and aid troubleshooting
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval