Job ID: JOB-12795
Engineering Technician – 4 Day week Galway
- Solution focused, diagnosing and implementing permanent solutions to manufacturing issues in a structured problem-solving approach.
- Technical responsibility for OEE Metrics Yield & Downtime, communication/escalation of critical downtime events and appropriate recovery resolution planning.
- Support equipment/product changeovers while implementing continuous improvements to reduce changeover times (SMED).
- Responsible for completing the equipment preventative maintenance (PM) ensuring continuously improved of PM’s to optimise equipment performance.
- Manage and maintain spare parts inventory to minimised equipment downtime.
- Design jigs & fixtures to meet manufacturing requirements and continuously improving existing processes.
- Follow safe systems of work, taking care of personal health and safety, and that of other. Eliminating or reducing risks where practicable by complying with site safety rules and instructions and reporting hazards to management for prompt action.
- Collaborate with production team to ensure correct prioritisation of daily/weekly action.
- Training relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
- The successful candidate will ideally have previous trade experience (Toolmaker, Fitter, Electrician, Mechanic etc.) or NFQ Level 6 in a Technical Discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics or Electrical).
- Mechanical, Electrical or Lean Six Sigma certification – Highly Desirable.
- Process experience in Grinding, Moulding, EDM and/or Laser processes – Distinct Advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills. Ability to be adaptable and flexible while managing multiple ongoing tasks.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude in dealing with people. A hands-on approach to diagnosing and fixing manufacturing issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues in a systematic approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel.
For further information on this role please contact Dominic Courtney on 086 839 5533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13237 Design Assurance Engineer II – Galway We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13236 Vision Scientist – Galway Job Purpose Our client is a market leader in light intelligent…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12568 Senior Quality Engineer- Process Validation (Hybrid) At our Client’s Process Validation Department in Galway, they…