Environmental Engineer-Product Stewardship Specialist
Job ID: JOB-11589
Environmental Engineer – Product Stewardship Specialist
A leading global healthcare leader is recruiting for a Environmental Engineer – Product Stewardship Specialist for their site in Galway. The Product Stewardship Specialist will be responsible for providing support to ensure compliance with regulations and internal standards for Product Stewardship (PS) such as EU REACH, EPR, Conflict Minerals, etc. The function acts as a source of expertise within the division regarding product and chemical regulations and support the divisional program to comply with program elements, goals/priorities, strategy.
The function is also responsible for providing environment, health, safety (EHS) support to the diagnostics Division internal and external supply network to ensure key EHS risks are appropriately managed and compliance is maintained during New Product Introduction (NPI) and technical transfers of global products
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement the divisional EHS strategy for continually improving the environment, health, safety and sustainability attributes and impacts of our products, packaging and operations throughout the value chain.
- Provide supports to comply with Product Stewardship requirements through impact assessments and implementation of strategies;
- Develops and maintains the Product Stewardship planning process including the annual evaluation of effectiveness of compliance of the Product Stewardship through self-assessment, risk assessment, product and regulatory changes;
- Support the data collection from suppliers and TPM (e.g. Product Composition, Conflict Mineral form, Compliance declaration).
- Manages overall risk at key global suppliers and third-party manufacturers by developing, implementing and maintaining long term risk reduction plans. This includes assessing the overall EHS risk at suppliers and third-party manufacturers of Global Products by on-site auditing and reviewing EHS questionnaires;
- Ensures internal EHS and operational leadership are aware of risks within key suppliers and third-party manufacturers in the assigned region;
- Monitors and understands key EHS regulatory requirements within important markets ensuring leadership are aware of potential risks and sensitivities;
- Conveys information effectively through formal and informal documents and meetings;
- Exhibits advanced ability to apply concepts of careful communication;
- Follows through on goals and incorporates the ideas of others; shares resources, knowledge and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business;
- Regularly communicates a high-level summary on the areas of responsibility to management.
- Identify emerging regulations or new requirements impacting ARDx products or chemicals used by ARDx sites.
- Complies with all regulations and procedures in scope of the Product Stewardship
- Ensures compliance through impact assessments and implementation of strategies.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EHS, Engineering, Chemistry, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in R&D, operations, technical support, EHS, quality or regulatory. Experience in product stewardship preferred.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works independently.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Develops scenarios to give management a set of viable alternatives and recommends actions.
- Decisions or recommendations would result in achievement of key organizational objectives and compliance.
- Drives functional performance that meets required standards and regulatory compliance
For further information on this Environmental Engineer-Product Stewardship Specialist role, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…