Environmental Health and Safety Manager
I am recruiting an Environmental Health and Safety Manager for my waste collection and recycling client based in Galway.
As an Environmental Health and Safety Manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards, discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs and communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce.
Your role is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations, actively supports environmental health and safety, carry out risk assessments, deliver health and safety campaigns across all company sites and inductions are up to date.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage health and safety across all sites departments
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policies in line with health and safety objectives
- Manage, carry out and ensure closure of safety audits
- Conduct accident investigations including drawing up reports/risk assessments for management recommending corrective actions over 3 days report to the Health and safety Authority
- Develop and implement effective programs for maintaining, enhancing, and fostering a ‘zero incident’ safety culture
- Keep up to date on all matters regarding Health and Safety legislation and guidance and keep management and employees informed
- Foster a high standard and approach to health and safety compliance across all sites
- Ensure vaccination programme is to up to date across all sites
- Responsible for reporting to and dealing with Health and Safety Authority as required
- Ensure employee welfare is at a high level
- Organise, document and follow – up of medical treatment required for occupational injuries and illness
- Responsible for all ongoing in – house training including manual handling, first aid etc
- Conduct Health and Safety Induction for all new hires across all sites.
- Oversee all hazardous and non-hazardous waste procedures
- Must be able to work as part of a team but equally be able to work alone under limited supervision
- A degree in Environmental/Occupational Health and Safety
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Chartered member or progressing to be with IOSH is desirable not essential
- IPPC licence experienced
- Manual handling instructors qualification
- Noise measurement and assessment qualification and experience
- Waste Management and recycling experience
- Emergency response system implementation and management experience
- First Aid Qualification
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.