The successful candidate will lead and be responsible for developing the European Operations Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Program and training employees on EHS issues.
- Advises employees and management on minimising and eliminating workplace risks.
- Develops and implements safety standards and policies.
- Develop and implement EHS training initiatives.
- Write and distribute EHS communications, such as Safety Policies and Procedures, Safety Committee Meeting Minutes, Quarterly Newsletter, Table Top Talks and Safety Alerts.
- Conducts safety audits to ensure that company EHS policy and procedure is being followed and that the company is operating in an optimal safe environment.
- Reviews and analyses accident and incident reports to determine causes, and reports solutions to events.
- Stays current on all changes relating to HSA and unique industry standards.
- Ensure Compliance with EHS legislation, permit/licence requirements.
- Understands the ergonomic effects of the environment on work and safety and assists in developing plans for maximum efficiency through ergonomic changes in the environment.
- Prepare and maintain EHS documentation to the highest possible standards ? ensuring the EHS records are effectively controlled and easily retrievable.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Protection qualification or related field.
- At least five years industrial experience in EHS related area, ideally within medical device/pharma manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Good training skills and the ability to train employees on various EHS issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, work processing, database and other applicable software programs.
For further information on this Environmental Health and Safety Specialist role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval