Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Our client, a medical device company is recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager for their site in Mayo. This role is commutable from Sligo and Roscommon.
Provides leadership across the organisation to drive EH&S performance improvement. Responsibility for EH&S compliance with Irish/EU regulations and laws. Provides guidance to site leadership and all employees regarding EH&S. Coaches and guides Associates and leaders to integrate EHS considerations into all aspects of site strategies, processes and decisions. As a member of the site’s leadership team, the EHS manager role provides critical support to assure Associate health, safety and wellbeing and to minimize the site’s environmental impacts in relation to its stakeholders. The EHS Manager interprets, recommends, and assures compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations and company policies. Assists in planning for changes onsite to meet environmental requirements. Finds, evaluates, and prepares processes for hazardous waste disposal firms and waste handling. Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect Health and Safety in all departments and subordinate sections and work units. Contributes to and interprets company-wide policies and procedures. Develops budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Oversees the development, planning, and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies; develops procedures (chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention, and building safety) used throughout thesite.
- Responsible for leading the development and implementation of site-wide Safety Strategy relating to Occupational Health & Safety Management, to ensure regulatory compliance and commitment to reducing accidents and injuries.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and sustaining of site-wide ISO 14001 Environmental Management System to ensure regulatory compliance and commitment to reducing negative environmental impacts.
- Ensures a proactive approach toward key EHS processes including but not limited to conducting risk assessments, incident investigations, and providing necessary EHS training.
- Provides leadership across the organisation to foster EH&S integration improvement
- Report and analyze EHS statistics in order to prepare and submit required EHS reporting to Global EHS, the site management team and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with EHS procedures, local government/corporate regulations, policies, programs, and industry standards
- Interfaces with environmental and other regulatory agencies on EH&S matters
- Submit reports to EPA and Health and Safety authorities as dictated by sites IPPC license
- Ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist.
- Educate and lead management, supervisors and employees to meet EHS regulations and requirements while emphasizing the reduction of injuries and pollution prevention.
- Develops and oversees company training programs for associates in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety.
- Develop, implement and sustain EHS programs.
- Support Global EHS function, by providing technical and organizational guidance
- Support Production System initiatives relating to continuous improvement, 5S, VPM, PSS, HPM etc
- Other duties as assigned by site leadership and Global EHS
Work Experience Requirements
- Number of Overall Years Necessary 10+: 8-12
- At least 10 years technical expertise in Environment, Health and Safety.
- Experience in developing, sustaining and continual improvement of EH&S programs.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence peers and management.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, planning, execution and analytical skills are required.
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts and practices.
- Experience leading others desired.
- Degree in Occupational health and safety, environment or science related subject
- LEAN or Manufacturing Excellence qualification, professional certification in EHS discipline desired.
Specialised Skills & Technical Knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills including influence and relationship management skills with the ability to drive achievement of objectives; demonstrated self-starter initiative
- Extensive understanding of related industrial safety and environmental regulations (e.g., Air, water, waste, energy)
- Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of EHS to the business
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
- Share information and provides basic problem-solving solutions; gains cooperation of others conducts presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules
- Unquestionable integrity
For further information on this Environmental Health & Safety Manager role in Mayo, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Compliance Specialist My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Specialist on…
Title MDR/Vigilance Specialist Duration: 12 months Location: Work from home / Ballybrit Galway Start Date: ASAP…
Title IT Business/Systems Analyst Summary Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an…