Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Equipment Engineer for their site.
To engineer and implement highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing technical/engineering maintenance & calibration support involved in delivering equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for Manufacturing Engineering of a given area.
- Works with Value Stream and Quality Engineering Manager to deliver business objectives ? lean manufacturing metrics, VIP, cycle time, scarp as %VOP etc.
- Responsible for developing a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in problem solving manufacturing issues using Six-Sigma tools.
- Drives IBP (Integrated Business Plan) contract deliverables by providing input on process technology selection.
- Develops and executes departmental budgets and capital spending.
- Leads or represents function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsors and supports Operations Value Improvement Process (VIP) or Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects.
- Responsible for the departmental basics including budgeting, hiring, day-to-day management, project resourcing, etc.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Ensures employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Maintain compliance metrics around adherence to preventative maintenance schedule and calibration schedule.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all GMP & E&AS requirements.
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological advancements.
- Maintain and develop the team?s technical and trouble shooting skills.
- Sustain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical management in sister sites and R&D.
- Develop new equipment/processes as necessary.
- Develop and implement the appropriate maintenance procedures and protocols to ensure processes remain in control at all times.
- Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Manage the planning and execution of equipment validations per E&AS requirements.
- Providing technical leadership on maintenance and equipment issues.
- Provide effective and responsive Calibration support to Operations to meet their area?s objectives of quality, cost and output.
- Development of automation solutions from concept through feasibility, user requirement specification, vendor selection and procurement.
- Integration of new equipment to existing Manufacturing Execution System.
- Provide electrical and control support to maintenance engineering team.
- Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.) with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience and ideally 4/5 years? experience.
- Project Management skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Excellent communications ability.
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously.
- Technological pioneer, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances on the floor.
- Experience/training in problem solving and process improvement methodologies (Engineering Essentials TM).
For further information on this Equipment Engineer role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval