Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Equipment Engineer for their site on a 12-18 month contract
To engineer and implement highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing technical/engineering maintenance & calibration support involved in delivering equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for the introduction and validation of new equipment.
- Works with Value Streams to identify opportunities for equipment improvement - automation, vision systems, robotics etc.
- Works with Product Development to help establist the equipment requirements for new products.
- Works as part of a team to define the specification of new equipment (URS).
- Meets with vendors to review equipment proposals, vendor selection and capital approval.
- A core team memeber for new equipment design reviews and FAT's.
- New equipment validation.
- Transfer and validation of equipment from other sites.
- Champions the introduction of new technologies.
- Helps debug production issues with automated equipment.
- Provides input and helps in selection of new technologies to improve plant effeciencies.
- Develops and executes departmental budgets and capital spending.
- Leads or represents function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsors and supports Operations Value Improvement Process (VIP) or Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects.
- Responsible for the departmental basics including budgeting, hiring, day-to-day management, project resourcing, etc.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Organises training for new equipment.
- Ensures that Maintenance and Calibration requirements are built into new equipment specifications.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all GMP & E&AS requirements.
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological advancements.
- Maintain and develop the team's technical and trouble shooting skills.
- Sustain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical management in sister sites and R&D.
- Develop new equipment/processes as necessary.
- Develop and implement the appropriate maintenance procedures and protocols to ensure processes remain in control at all times.
- Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Manage the planning and execution of equipment validations per E&AS requirements.
- Providing technical leadership on maintenance and equipment issues.
- Provide effective and responsive Calibration support to Operations to meet their area's objectives of quality, cost and output
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
For further information on this Equipment Engineer role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval