Telephone: 086 0449473
Equipment Engineer (Machine Control/ Software)
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Equipment Engineer (Machine Control/ Software) for their site.
- Develops new manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices.
- Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and develops complex manufacturing and test equipment.
- Develop robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and SQL script authoring.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
- Work closely with customers in defining system requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Work closely with both internal and external specialists and vendors to complete equipment related projects.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Develop detailed project plans and manage projects to completion.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of engineers.
- BSc/MSc degree (min HETAC level 8) or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years in software development with experience and a thorough knowledge in the following: VB.Net, VB 6, SQL Server, software testing, version and change management software. Working knowledge of Team Foundation server beneficial.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11 experience an advantage.
- Motion control and machine HMI control design experience.
- Good working knowledge on the use of vision systems and associated tools and experience with Labeling Verification Systems.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
For further information on this Equipment Engineer (Machine Control/ Software) role in Galway please contact Anne Gough on 086 0449473 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval