Job ID: JOB-13492
Equipment Engineer Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Equipment Engineer for their site. The successful candidate will be responsible to engineer and implement highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing technical/engineering maintenance & calibration support involved in delivering equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for the introduction and validation of new equipment.
- Works with Value Streams to identify opportunities for equipment improvement – automation, vision systems, robotics etc.
- Works with Product Development to help establish the equipment requirements for new products.
- Works as part of a team to define the specification of new equipment (URS).
- Meets with vendors to review equipment proposals, vendor selection and capital approval.
- A core team member for new equipment design reviews and FAT’s.
- New equipment validation.
- Transfer and validation of equipment from other sites.
- Champions the introduction of new technologies.
- Helps debug production issues with automated equipment.
- Provides input and helps in selection of new technologies to improve plant efficiencies.
- Develops and executes departmental budgets and capital spending.
- Leads or represents function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsors and supports Operations Value Improvement Process (VIP) or Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects.
- Responsible for the departmental basics including budgeting, hiring, day-to-day management, project resourcing, etc.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Organises training for new equipment.
- Ensures that Maintenance and Calibration requirements are built into new equipment specifications.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all GMP & E&AS requirements.
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological advancements.
- Maintain and develop the team’s technical and trouble shooting skills.
- Sustain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical management in sister sites and R&D.
- Develop new equipment/processes as necessary.
- Develop and implement the appropriate maintenance procedures and protocols to ensure processes remain in control at all times.
- Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Manage the planning and execution of equipment validations per E&AS requirements.
- Providing technical leadership on maintenance and equipment issues.
- Provide effective and responsive Calibration support to Operations to meet their area’s objectives of quality, cost and output.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Degree in software/automation/electrical engineering or related discipline and at least 3 years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of automation systems with experience of Allen Bradley and Beckhoff PLC’s an advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills and technical knowledge
- Works well within a team environment and on own initiative
- Ability to document own work clearly and precisely
- Excellent communication skills
For more information on this role please contact Sam Nolan on email@example.com or 0861287244
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
|linkedIn profile||click here|
Manufacturing Engineer II
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13512 Manufacturing Engineer Location: Cork Permanent Are you an engineer with a passion for working with…
Junior CSV Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13511 Junior CSV Engineer We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior CSV Engineer. This individual…
Senior Quality Systems Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13482 Senior Quality Systems Engineer We are speaking with experienced Quality Systems Engineer about the exciting…