Commutable from Limerick, Kerry & Tipperary
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Equipment Engineer for their site. The successful candidate will be responsible to engineer and implement highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing technical/engineering maintenance & calibration support involved in delivering equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for the introduction and validation of new equipment.
- Works with Value Streams to identify opportunities for equipment improvement – automation, vision systems, robotics etc.
- Works with Product Development to help establish the equipment requirements for new products.
- Works as part of a team to define the specification of new equipment (URS).
- Meets with vendors to review equipment proposals, vendor selection and capital approval.
- A core team member for new equipment design reviews and FAT's.
- New equipment validation.
- Transfer and validation of equipment from other sites.
- Champions the introduction of new technologies.
- Helps debug production issues with automated equipment.
- Provides input and helps in selection of new technologies to improve plant efficiencies.
- Develops and executes departmental budgets and capital spending.
- Leads or represents function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsors and supports Operations Value Improvement Process (VIP) or Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects.
- Responsible for the departmental basics including budgeting, hiring, day-to-day management, project resourcing, etc.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Organises training for new equipment.
- Ensures that Maintenance and Calibration requirements are built into new equipment specifications.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all GMP & E&AS requirements.
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological advancements.
- Maintain and develop the team’s technical and trouble shooting skills.
- Sustain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical management in sister sites and R&D.
- Develop new equipment/processes as necessary.
- Develop and implement the appropriate maintenance procedures and protocols to ensure processes remain in control at all times.
- Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Manage the planning and execution of equipment validations per E&AS requirements.
- Providing technical leadership on maintenance and equipment issues.
- Provide effective and responsive Calibration support to Operations to meet their area’s objectives of quality, cost and output.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Degree in software/automation/electrical engineering or related discipline and at least 3 years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of automation systems with experience of Allen Bradley and Beckhoff PLC’s an advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills and technical knowledge
- Works well within a team environment and on own initiative
- Ability to document own work clearly and precisely
- Excellent communication skills
For further information on this Equipment Engineer role in Cork please contact Ciaran Fahy on 087-4108620/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.