Our client a leading medical device company in Galway is looking for an Equipment Engineer to join their team. This role will deliver innovative and effective equipment and systems solutions through strategic partnerships and technical leadership to enable and support success. Working with Equipment Engineering and in conjunction with Manufacturing and R&D, develops new Automated manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and builds complex manufacturing and test automated equipment and software systems. The Role is primarily based in Galway, a World Class Facility, although traveling abroad may be required from time to time and for short periods. Working times are Monday to Friday; Weekend work may be required.
- Defines Control Platform and Delivers Software Development for new designs and equipment updates, Participates in Equipment Design reviews, delivers equipment documentation under quality SOPs and following GDP.
- Leads and/or Participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Manages projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded equipment.
- Ensures best machine control practices are employed in new designs and updates
- Develops New PLC, HMI/SCADA, Database Code or portion of Code from scratch or following existing standards
- Supervises and/or contribute the Electrical and Safety design of new Equipment.
- Leads and/or Participates in Equipment Troubleshooting Activity Qualifications & Experience
- Candidates are required to hold an Engineer Degree equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
Required Technical Skills
- PLC Programming for Machine Automation – RSLogix
- HMI/SCADA Design – Rockwell – Factorytalk View
- PID Design and Tuning.
- Servo Control.
For further information on this Equipment Engineer role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 087-4108620/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Compliance Specialist My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Specialist on…
Title MDR/Vigilance Specialist Duration: 12 months Location: Work from home / Ballybrit Galway Start Date: ASAP…
Title IT Business/Systems Analyst Summary Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an…