Telephone: 086 8395531
Equipment Maintenance Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Equipment Maintenance Engineer II for their site.
Maintenance group lead for all maintenance interactions on manufacturing equipment across the site. Independently or as a member of a team directs, develops and executes maintenance programmes of complex manufacturing and test equipment.
- Incident Management: Manages Equipment failure outlining impact to business, recovery plan, and resources required.
- Liaises with Design Engineering to highlight equipment design related issues / opportunity for improvement.
- Group SME on the debugging and troubleshooting of PLC / PC hardware and software issues on manufacturing equipment.
- Acts as an escalation point for group technicians for Controls / Software issues on equipment across the site.
- Generates weekly and Monthly metrics on Equipment downtime, MTTR, MTBF, Cost, Improvement activity, PM compliance, and resource management.
- Manages spares usage.
- Key player in Production Unit Value Improvement Process.
- Support Equipment Installation & Qualification and retrofits.
- Drives the Area Improvement Team Meeting to deliver pre-determined goals.
- Continuously drives the ‘up-skilling’ of Maintenance Techs.
- Performs Equipment assessment and identifies subsequent improvement activity.
- Maintenance team lead on new Equipment Introduction.
- Co-ordinates maintenance activities for assigned PU's / support area (maintenance point of contact for PU Manufacturing Engineering team, schedules planned maintenance activities for the area, drives equipment continuous improvement activity within the area.
Qualifications and Requirements
- HETAC level 8 or equivalent (Honours Degree) in a relevant discipline
- Min 5 years’ similar work experience
- Medical Device/ highly regulated industry experience desirable
- Strong Controls / Automation background. Excellent PC / PLC hardware / software troubleshooting skills required.
- Strong understanding of Controls systems (motion control, vision systems, robotics, plc, pc, pneumatics) required.
- A strong electrical troubleshooting competency would be an advantage.
For further information on this Equipment Maintenance Engineer II role in Galway Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.