Our client, an electronic manufacturing company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Customer Service Specialist for their site. The successful person should have knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
The Customer Advocate will be responsible for the overall order processing and order management of their assigned accounts. This position works closely with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Production, Engineering, Supply Chain, QA, Technical Support, and Shipping to ensure the highest level of service to their customers focusing on on-time delivery without sacrificing quality. The Customer Advocate is responsible to advocate on behalf of their customers when problems arise to ensure that premier service is delivered at all times while balancing the financial and operational goals. This will mean juggling multiple accounts/issues simultaneously to ensure we meet or exceed the expected services levels of the customer. This requires commitment to owning, managing, and leveraging the customer as well as internal relationships.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Act as customer advocate for assigned accounts.
- Order review to ensure it meets all commercially required terms and conditions for processing.
- Order entry and processing through to shipment.
- Answer questions about products, availability, established prices, credit terms/availability, and orders.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules or other information pertaining to purchased or forecasted products.
- Communicate with the appropriate internal and external individuals to ensure orders ship on-time and according to the customer’s requested ship date.
- Maintain customer records, reports, and/or files.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with both internal personnel and external customers.
- Learn and understand about customer’s business and market.
- Make decisions and solve problems in conjunction with the assigned account management regarding assigned customers
- Functions as a member of the Customer Advocate Team, attending team meetings and providing support to other team members as required.
- Complete product and development training as required.
- Learn about company’s business as appropriate. Shows up to work on time and attends work as scheduled.
- All other duties as requested by supervisor or department head.
- High School diploma required. B.S. or B.A. is preferred.
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in customer service role.
- Preferred knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- Requires pleasant phone manner, use of electronic mail, writing letters and memos, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise).
- Requires competition or awareness of competitive pressures, including conflict situations.
- Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of this company and our customers.
- Requires being exact or highly accurate, meeting strict deadlines, and work with others in a group or team.
- Requires work with external customers.
- Requires excellent communication skills including the ability to listen carefully and communicate solutions verbally and in written form.
- Requires occasional odd or extended work hours to support customer and company business goals.
- Job tasks may be performed in close physical proximity to other people.
- Required to obtain an internal Customer Advocate Certification within 9 months of employment.
- Ability to follow all applicable Business Management System (BMS) processes.
- Desktop/Laptop computer
- Desktop telephone
- Electronic mail software – Microsoft Exchange/Outlook
- Spreadsheet software – Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software – Microsoft Word
Specific Tools & Technology:
- Order Processing/Financial – Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- (Other core requirements including communication, presentation, language, math, and reasoning skills)
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Know and follow established company core values.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands for data entry via standard keyboard; to reach with hands and arms; to sit for long periods of time; and to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting Requirement: Minimal (up to 20 lbs.)
- Lifting Limitation: Minimal (up to 20 lbs.)
For further information on this role please contact Vanessa Lynch on 0860462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.