Extrusion Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a manufacturing company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit an extrusion manufacturing engineer for their site.
The extrusion manufacturing engineer is responsible for the acceptance of new extrusion products from trial to production status. The person will be the engineering resource responsible for all production products and will liaise with quality, sales, customers and suppliers on customer (Internal & External) requirements with regards to technical related production issues.
The role of extrusion manufacturing engineer involves project management of cross functional teams assisting with the introduction / transition of new equipment / technologies/ new processes in the extrusion area. The position also includes the development, scheduling, execution and management of training plans for all production personnel.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as the technical lead to the production team to assist in the delivery of the key performance metrics for the relevant production area.
- Work with the Head of Manufacturing in the development, scheduling, execution and management of training plans for all production personnel to ensure Operators and Technicians are fully capable of performing their duties.
- Be the technical lead in the introduction/transfer of new products to production and introduction of new technology in conjunction with the Manufacturing Manager and the technical department to meet quality and performance metrics. Deliver all necessary training and supporting documentation to facilitate same.
- Support the Manufacturing Manager and cross functional teams on the collation of data and the resolution of technical processing issues.
- Act as the department resource lead in the implementation and up-keep of continuous improvement teams driving SMED, OEE and LEAN, and EBIDTA Improvement projects
- Facilitate investigation, trouble shooting and reporting on system failures, product defects and customer complaints.
- Actively promote, lead and participate in work centre improvement groups and project teams, to improve quality, reduce costs, eliminate waste and improve working methods through developing a culture of continuous improvement and empowerment of the team.
- Maintain effective open communication within the team and foster cross- functional relationships
- Ensure that all products manufactured meet the specifications, performance & quality criteria of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner which conforms to the requirements of the company's quality system, 5S, GMP and safety.
- Maintain effective communication with the Manufacturing Manager in order to schedule required equipment, resources & ensure the successful transfer of new products into production.
- Project manages and leads cross functional teams with responsibility for the introduction and validation of new equipment /technology in the extrusion area.
- Support the Quality Manager on resolution of quality issues. Champion structured approach to problem solving within the organisation using lean tools and 6 sigma principals.
- Support the extrusion manager/project leader on new technology/ tooling/ materials required to meet production and sales objectives.
- The Extrusion Manufacturing Engineer will have a primary degree or equivalent in polymer, manufacturing or mechanical engineering or have 3+ years extrusion manufacturing experience.
- Medical device manufacturing experience is essential.
- Hands on experience in extrusion and plastics material knowledge are essential.
- Must have a good working knowledge of production and quality system requirements in the health care industry.
- A Green or Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Have the ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- Be a self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills.
- A Practical level-headed individual with strong technical ability.
- Have an ability to work hands-on engaging with cross-functional groups, equipment and materials vendors to resolve technical issues.
- A structured approach to problem solving based on the utilisation of data.
For further information on this Extrusion Manufacturing Engineer role in Roscommon please contact Aoife O'Reilly on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval